Friday, May 14, 2010

Whats with the white spots on my nails?

I have little white spots on my nails. I know it is not fungus or a weird medical condition. My mom think it is because I dont get enough calcium. What the heck is it! It is so annoying!Whats with the white spots on my nails?
It is called Leukonychia. Simply put, it's just a bruise.





The first person who answered was 100% accurate.Whats with the white spots on my nails?
Those are calcium deposits, and if i remember correctly that means you are getting more than enough calcium.
I have a health and nutrition book that says white spots could indicate a zinc deficiency. It states that a lack of vit. A and calcium causes dryness and brittleness.
Yeah, I think it IS because you don't get enough calcium. And I think my mom mentioned something about putting on too much polish...?
It's like a nail bruise...

No comments:

Post a Comment