Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How do you feel about fake nails?

I don't want to shower you with questions, i was just wondering what your opinions were? Do you think they look good? how old do you think girls should start wearing them? And do guys think they look unatractive? please post your opinion............ : )How do you feel about fake nails?
If you go the fake nail route, I think that acrylics or gels are the way to go. Doing them yourself is pretty much a waste of time and effort.





I personally prefer the gels (they cost a bit more though...:( ) They look very realistic, and stay on well. Keep them short if you aren't used to wearing/having nails, that way you don't hurt yourself or others around you!! ;)





As far as how old--I'd ask your mom....if you are a nail biter, this might be something to look into as a method of breaking the habit, and she might agree whether you are pretty young or not. I would really say that without parental permission I'd probably wait until I was 15-16 though.





Be sure to check out where you are getting your nails done. Do they use new attachments/files/brushes every time? Do they have clean facilities? I also DON'T recommend the ';chain/mall'; salons. Find references for your nail salon of choice, and be sure to look at those references work to see if it would be up to your specifications (I'm EXTREMELY picky or I'll pick them off right away, so have an idea of what you like). You have to be careful, because if you get fungus under your nail, the results aren't pretty, and a lot of times those ';mall salons'; are just looking to churn out clients like cattle to slaughter with no real standards of quality.





I hope I didn't scare you, and I wish you lots of luck!





***EDIT***I also wanted to mention another thing about getting your nails done. If they EVER file the top of your natural nail, stop them and politely excuse yourself. They are not supposed to file or grind the top of your real nail more than necessary to ';rough it up'; to attach the nail to, and many of the good nail tech's don't even have to do that then. That's what makes your nail super thin and makes your cuticles look bad is when they take too much off which gives a ';ripple'; look at the back of your nail.***How do you feel about fake nails?
I think they look good and i was 10 when i got my first pair put on. And none of the guy's i have dated has ever had a problem with them i always get compliments. Just don't get them to long lol
Personally I like them, but not as something to get done every week. I think the French manicure looks the best or just one plain color. The nails with all the designs and stuff looks nice too but it's not for me (too flashy). The only thing I don't like about them is how much they weaken my real nails. I rather just give myself my own French tips on my real nails.
i think they look very nice and they give a clean look. i was 11 or so when i got my nails done for the first time. it just depends on your parents and what they think about them i suppose. any guy i have ever hung out with or dated has always liked them and always complimented. my current boyfriend pays for me to get mine done because he thinks they look nice.
Fake nails are really gross. Once you start you can't stop becuase your nails get mutilated from the glue. It really hurts if you brake your nail and how are you suppose to type after you get those? I think a girl/woman should never get them.
I think they look good on certain people, and they look good when they don't look too fake.





Like when you get them professionaly done, they do look nice but I think they look like trash when people buy them from the store and stick them on their finger nails, especially when they get nails that are bright colors.





I suggest you get it done professionally and dont get your fake nails from like...CVS or something.
some of my friends wear them, and i think they look prety cool, but they cant play any sports. they stay on pretty nicley but hurt when they come off
I HATE fake nails They are so ugly.
If they are short then it looks nice
if they are done properly and not just those stupid glue on ones from a chemist then they can look really good.
Hate them. I get manis and pedis, but not fake nails.
I think they look ok when they're not too long with rounded tips. I think they sometimes look really awkward.


I'm not a big fan cus there's a girl I know and she wears them and she sits all day fiddling with them and pulling at them and it really gets on my nerves and creeps me out a bit when she pulls them lol..


I think girls should wear them 16+ before that can look a bit sorta tacky and also younger girls can be a bit rough and not careful with them so they get wrecked but I suppose it depends on the person.


I think guys find them ok, probably hurts if they dig into him when you give him a hug or something lol, they can look very elegant when clean and new which is nice. =]
I love them, and I have never had a complaint from a guy, they actually like them. As for age, I think it really depends, when your young you tend to be more rough, playing sports, cheer leading, dance etc. and it hurts like hell if you break one and if you are rough or use your hands a lot they may chip or fall off and then they just look tacky. Also it is a VERY expensive habit, remember you will need to get them filled every couple of weeks and it all adds up quickly.
If the nails are short than it looks classy. If it is long u look like a hooker. Men love girls with fake nails. Ny ex wanted me to wear some with a french manicure set but i refused b/c he wasnt paying for it. I still wudnt have worn them anyway b/c it damages ur cuticle and looks nasty once u decided to take them off. Girls should start wearing them ionce they can afford to keep them maintained. Young girls shouldonly wear them to the prom
tackyyy. cheesyy. uglyy.
they're rubbish. they drop off oll of the time!
Fake nails are nice for special events but they are too flashy to wear regularly.
there okay.. dont get it done too much though
They look good the first few days

No comments:

Post a Comment