Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How do I stop biting my nails?

I've tried the whole nail varnish that tastes really bad but it doesn't work for me... I actually got use to the taste! how did others stop biting theirs?How do I stop biting my nails?
i bit my nails for 6 years straight, i never tried the varnish stuff before, i just simply got it in my head that my nails looked like **** when i bit them and i wanted to have attractive nails. so every time i went to bite them id say to myself ';dont even do it';, it actually worked i havent bit my nails in 2 and a half years. sorry if im not much helpHow do I stop biting my nails?
Hi, short of loosing your biting teeth, which ALWAYS works, I would recommend using multiple layers of nail polish and inner conviction. Many years ago when I was a photo model, I was a nail biter. Another model taught me that when using many layers of polish you can retrain yourself to chew the polish instead of the nail. Keeping your nails filed to remove rough or torn spots will also help you focus on the polish and not the nail for your chewing pleasure. Don't swallow! And always use a clear base coat x2. Never put colored or frosted polish right on the nail. When it comes down to it, quitting chewing nail polish should be easier that quitting chewing your nails.


GL
well. i had acrylic nails. and kept them on for about a month, and then when they started falling off. i took them all off and just painted my nails to keep me from stopping.
try some really hot spices/hot sauces. If you like hot, then maybe wear gloves for a couple weeks until you get over the habit. Oh, and use nail clippers to keep them short so you won't have much to bite anyway.
Well think about how your life would be if you stopped


biting your nails


your nails could look so pretty like this:


http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kS9o4fTNZLc/SR鈥?/a>


And don't bite one handnails or one nail and see how


much better and healthier that nail looks in a few days compared


to the others you have been biting


Find a habit to take the place of nail biting. Whenever you have the urge to bite, do that instead. Some people like to drum their fingers, or just stare at their hands.


And Distract your mouth. Eat carrot sticks to keep you busy. Keep a stick of gum handy for those weak moments.


Go for a manicure, and chat with the manicurist about having great nails.


Hope i helped xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment