Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Why does by dog have white spots on his nails?

My dog has white spots on his nails and i was wondering what it was caused from. Hes a pitbull could it be something pitbulls get or he isnt getting the vitamins he needs from his food?Why does by dog have white spots on his nails?
I don't know.....just beacuse....If it is so bad you could bring him to doctor..Why does by dog have white spots on his nails?
I think it might be a calcium deficiency...I have some white spots on my nails too, and my mom says it's from lack of calcium. So try giving him some special vitamins with calcium or something but consult your vet first.
Not to worry it's coldd outside it comes from the weather.
I asked my vet a simular question about my dog. She said that its not a problem and that its natural (I think she said it had to do with hormones or somethng). If the nails start to bleed around the outside that mean they have to be cut (I wouldn't do that personaly though, unless you know what you're doing.).


Thats all I really know. My dog is a Cocker Spaniel so it may be different I'm not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment