Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dogs pink and white nails turning blood red?

Hi all. My dog who is a white female spayed boxer of about 3 1/2 years is concerning me. She has sever allergies and is on medication for them. In the past couple of months I have noticed her nails, but only on the front paws are turning blood red. My vet does not seem to be concerned as her feet are not bothering her and she is acting normal but this is bothering me. Does anyone know what this could be? Do dogs get nail fungus? Any and all advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Dogs pink and white nails turning blood red?
Is it from the inside? It could be the quick. If you haven't trimmed her nails in a while the quick of the nail could be lengthening. If the vet doesn't see anything wrong with them it's probably okay, but you could take her to a different vet if you become very concerned and want a second opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment