Thursday, January 21, 2010

Can I have acrylic nails and work with food?

I want to go get my nails done but I have 2 jobs both working with food. One I work at a stake house as a waitress. that requires me to make salads and desserts. and the other I work in a pizza parlor maing pizza. I want to get acrylic nails. Nothing fancy just like a french manicure. Would i be aloud to have thoes and still work with food??Can I have acrylic nails and work with food?
get gel or acrylic overlays on your nails with no tips. they look very naturalCan I have acrylic nails and work with food?
They're usually not allowed, but what you can do is you can get natural tips with a clear gel coat on top. It'll look like you just have clear topcoat over your natural nails so they probably wont notice.
Most place will not let you, you need to check with your employer and see what their rules are.
I have had waitresses who had fake nails, I think you should just ask your managers.
I hope not. They harbor bacteria. It is disgusting. Nurses can't have fake nails anymore. I am not sure about food workers. You could call your local health department and ask about the rules in your city.

No comments:

Post a Comment