Thursday, January 21, 2010

Why do males get made fun of when they paint their nails?

i let my big sister paint my nails over the weekend. Yesterday at school i got made fun of a lot because my nails were pinkish. Boys and girls were laughing at me. One girl asked if i wanted to borrow her lipstick.





why do people have to be so mean?Why do males get made fun of when they paint their nails?
It's the gender roles. Only girls are allowed (by society) to wear makeup and decorate their bodies with bright colors.





This is true in our wardrobes too. Next time you go shopping, try finding men's clothes that come in colors other than blues, greys, browns and blacks. It's very difficult.





The irony is that in the natural world, it is the males who have the decorations and the bright colors to attract the mates, and the females who are muted to ensure their survivability.





My own opinion is ';screw it.'; If you want to decorate your body, go right ahead. Have fun and masculinize it so that it will be more acceptable. It is very common for men to get pedicures and manicures that include a clear polish. I've even had manicures where I've had zirconia glued to my big toe for decoration (which I think was rather fun).Why do males get made fun of when they paint their nails?
I am so sorry this had to happen to you. I did the same thing with my little brother and he was made fun of for a very long time. It is almost summer so people will forget this ever happened. Over the summer you can become the person you really want to be and show them all in the fall. Good luck!!
Personally, I don't think theres anything wrong with guys who paint their nails black. But I guess lots of people think you're ';g a y'; if you paint them pink. And then again, there are lots of people in the world who are just mean like that.
Well, because its kind of gay. Honestly, it is. I mean what are you doing painting your toenails? Are you gay?

No comments:

Post a Comment